|Museum Director Judy Greenberg welcomes In Unison Tour at Kreeger, January 12, 2011
“In Unison: 20 Washington, DC Artists”
The Kreeger Museum, 2400 Foxhall Road, NW, WashingtonThrough Feb 26. Sponsored by Millennium Arts Salon
An unprecedented monoprint project, inspired by the creative leadership of Sam Gilliam, brings a diverse group of 20 Washington artists together in the print studio of George Mason University to express their individual styles, while observing and sharing with each other.
Visit: www.kreegermuseum.org/programs/exhibitions/asp for more information.
Millennium Arts Salon Diasporan Dialogues
February 5, 2011, Saturday, Tour at The Kreeger Museum. 2:00 – 3:30 PM. Museum admission.
This tour is open to all with a special outreach to the African Immigrant Community. It includes a docented tour of the “In Unison” Exhibition, as well as the museum’s permanent, contemporary, and African Art Collections. Please join us. To register: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Subject line: Diasporan Dialogues. Space is limited.
Creative Voices DC
February 7, 2011, Monday, Panel Discussion at The Phillips Collection, 6:00 – 8:30 PM. By donation. Reservation required.
A distinguished panel whose collective experience represents the universe of curators, writers, artists, art historians, collectors and art administrators explore the topic of Washington artists, with a special focus on African American artists and their contributions to the creative milieu of DC.
Moderated by Dr. Richard Long (cultural historian), panelists include Judy Greenberg (director, the Kreeger Museum), Claudia Rousseau (art historian and critic), Adrienne Child (art historian), Lisa Gold (director, Washington Project of the Arts), and Billy Colbert (artist)
This event represents a collaboration between Millennium Arts Salon and The Phillips Collection, and is sponsored by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities.
To register, visit: www.phillipscollection.org/calendar.
Millennium Arts Salon Series
6:00 – 8:00 PM at Millennium Arts Salon, 1213 Girard Street, NW, Washington. These events are conducted in MAS’ signature “Salon Style.”
FEE events, Open to the Public (free or discounted for Millennium Arts Salon Club Members).
- March 5: Tuliza Fleming –Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing: How the Apollo Theater Shaped American Entertainment. This Salon will include discussion about the exhibition, curated by Dr. Fleming, and book signing.
- May 7: Dennis Forbes – Krisna Reddy: Master Printmaker, Sculptor, Artist. This continues our Salons with featured author and self-publisher Mr. Forbes who has much to share about modernism. We will explore this and more at this Salon and book signing.
- June 4: William T. Williams – Among the most significant contemporary modernist painters, Mr. Williams finds direct artistic and philosophical lineage to the Harlem Renaissance. Mr. Williams is acknowleged as a pillar of American Color Field painting, and extols the “syncronicity” and fusion of jazz in his paintings.
Millennium Arts Salon Collector’s Series
New this season! Millennium will sponsor Private Dinners and Tours of the art collections of selected Collectors’ homes. We are grateful to our hosts of this inagural program, which include:
- May: Lewis Tanner Moore of the Greater Philadelphia Area presented a recent exhibition of his collection at the Woodmere Museum, which displayed amongst the most far-reaching private collections in America.
- June: Eric Wray of Prince George’s County, MD is a multiple Emmy Award winning television producer and President of the Collectors Club of Washington, DC. His collection of both African American and African art, and music is a standout.
- September: Phillip Barlow of Washington, DC is foundational in the Washington, DC arts community. His outstanding collection provides a retrospective of contemporary local Washington art history.
The Millennium Arts Salon Collector’s Series are Members Only events.
For information about membership levels and benefits visit:
The Board of Directors, Staff and Volunteers of
Millennium Arts Salon
|Billy Colbert, Variable Silkscreen, 2009 Millennium -Pyramid Atlantic Print Collaborative
|Chris Malone at Millennium Ten Artists for Ten Years Exhibition Artist Talk