|TechXploration Youth Appathon in Anacostia (Washington, DC)
Register. Volunteer. Contribute. Attend. Share.
DiversiTech and Cause-Driven, with the support of ARCH Development, Lumen8 and Lenovo, are bringing tech to Anacostia youth this summer with TechXploration Youth Appathon. TechXploration will connect high school students with tech innovators and entrepreneurs over the course of two days: Saturday, July 14th – students explore mobile app concepts and run through the process of creating products using Appcelerator® under the direction of Clearly Innovative, a TechXploration partner; and Sunday, July 15th – students participate in Demo Day to present their products and share lessons learned with community members, family and friends. Demo Day will also feature introductions to existing tech programs, like Uplift DC, for students to continue growing their interest in technology!
To make this program a success, your assistance is needed. Here are 5 Ways to Lend a Hand for TechXploration…
- REGISTER a youth participant before July 7th: No cost. Just fill-out the online form.
- VOLUNTEER and join in on the fun to help out either day. All hands are welcomed!
- CONTRIBUTE any amount to help defer some of the costs associated with the program – $5, $10, $15, $20, you name it. Literally, you name it and we will definitely recognize your awesome support and efforts. Sponsorship levels are also available.
- ATTEND and support participants on Sunday, July 15th for TechXploration Demo Day at Honfleur Gallery in Anacostia, DC.
- SHARE THIS EMAIL and other provided links with your networks. We appreciate your assistance in continuing to spread the word and excitement!
Special thanks to our Partners: Clearly Innovative, Color of Tech and 100 Black Men